Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Referal for 10 yr old girl

I heard from our agency last night that a family that had their dossier submitted Dec 08 received a referral for a 10 year old girl, so should be traveling soon to see her. So if you are interested in an older child it looks like referrals are made quickly.

5 comments:

Jason and Kim said...

It's so good to hear that things are moving along in Bulgaria. I hope we all get our referrals soon!!

Anonymous said...

Great news!! Everyday I wonder how long it will really take. I know we are looking to adopt a young girl which seems to have the longest wait but it is good to know that things are moving! I've been following you for several months but I neglected to ask what age you hope your son will be once referred? My biggest hope is to make sure that she is younger than my child who is currently 18 mo. Take care! Amie

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your note! We were never really told a time but we do know that the young girls have the longest wait. From what I have heard it looks like 18-24 months from when we are registered. Do you know anything different? My agency is on the West coast and I am on the east coast so i do not have many connections with other adoptive parents in the program and are new to the program. Your info is so helpful! Since we started in the China program we have only been in the Bulgaria program for 2 weeks, even thought we further along in the process. Enjoy the holiday weekend. Please feel free to use my email if you every would like amierx@aol.com

growing our love... said...

Hi there,

My email address is delong.donna@gmail.com. Would love to talk to about the process.

Thanks,
Donna DeLong

Michael said...

So happy for the lucky family and the lucky girl. Here's hoping we hear many more referral stories. I hope we get the opportunity to express our thanks to the Minister of Justice for her good work.