Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Can't help myself
Yesterday I had to make a run to targ*t to buy a birthday present for a friend of Caroline's who is having her birthday party this Friday night. While I was there I was looking for some rain-boots for myself (which I didn't end up buying). Instead I came across some sandals for Calvin. In his room at the orphanage he has a Disney themed CAR table and chair, so I bought him the Disney theme CAR sandals. I also bought him a sesame street coloring book, crayons and cardboard book. I will send these in April to him, with a framed picture of him with his daddy. I really have to restrain myself from buying him stuff. I am going to a MOPS sale this Friday to see what treasures I can find (boy toys, 2t clothes and shoes). We are good in the department of 3 yr old clothing (last 3 years I have been buying him some stuff from garage sales). But I would say he is wearing 2T clothes (he is long, but skinny). This past week I also bought 2 crib sheets for his crib (blue) and a mattress pad for the crib. Oh, and I had to buy him some more Gerb*r banana puffs that he loves, to take with us when we go back to pick him up. I hate that I am wishing the days away, because that means my daughters are getting older, but I want my son home yesterday already. Still waiting on the I800 approval letter to get a court date!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I feel for ya! I bought Faith I think 5 pairs of shoes, different sizes and colors but probably a bit much really. And she has a closet FULL of clothing between me buying and two baby showers! Praying for your paper work soon!
Hi Celeste! I just caught up on your journey to Calvin! How exciting for you! I am praying that you will have him home by summer! Blessings, Mary Ellen
I know how you feel. I keep having to hold back a bit on buying for our little guy. So much of what I had gotten for him already will be too small now that we experienced a three-month delay and still won't be picking him up until summer.
LOL! Too cute!
I'll look around and see if I have any toddler 'boy toys' left! The clothes are loooong gone!
Post a Comment