Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Progress

1. Calvin loves water now, meaning he plays in the bubble bath, plays in the turtle swim pool, runs through the sprinkler in the back yard.
2. He loves to pray...he reminds us to pray before meals, at bed time and through out the day. Tonight he was praying himself, in broken English, thanking God for his home and car. He loves the car.
3. He is singing Twinkle Twinkle, Jesus Loves Me, and getting better at Head Shoulders Knees and Toes.
4. Beginning to be choosy with food. Turned peas and carrots away yesterday at dinner. He was asking for 'puddin', which I put in front of him and told him to eat his peas and carrots for some pudding. After a few tears, he did.
5. Understands us very well, better than he speaks.
6. When the phone rings he says' daddy'. Daddy is usually the one calling us from work.
7. Says hot, open, close, thank you, pray, pudding, yogurt, drink, milk, water, juice, banana, apple sauce night night, see you in the morning (says this when he lays down to sleep at nap and bedtime). Yells at the girls to stop, asks for his pacifier, diaper, lets me know when he goes pee pee or poopie. Says mommy!
8. He was rubbing Cathryn's head when she hurt herself, and was saying okay and kissing her. Too cute. He kisses his bear good night, and kisses us when we ask.
9. He is happy and teases. He is fun.
10. Still not interested in tv, sitting for a book or sitting for long periods of time. Learns well to music and sings well too. He ask for music (the radio to be turned on).
I love him so much, and am so thankful for this gift God has given us.
I look at him sometimes and feel sad for his biological mom, how she is missing out on this little blessing. He is so adorable and such a ray of sunshine. He is stubborn, gets scared and insecure but we love him for who he is.

4 comments:

Shelley said...

I know EXACTLY how you are feeling! It feels like we are watching a miracle unfold as we fall in love with them and they become a part of our family. It really is a miracle! Bill and I think many times about M. birthparents and how they have missed out...but I don't linger there...she was meant to be ours. So glad to see Calvin making the same progress that we witnessed M. make. What a blessing!

Aaron and Jennifer Santor said...

Sounds like things are starting to get a ton better. We are so excited for you. Sounds like Calvin is adjusting well. Andrew also loves to pray. He says, "Thanky Jesus for..." and list every English word he knows. He helps us to remember to be thankful for everything. The other day Tobin got hurt and Andrew thanked Jesus for that too. Trading pudding for his veggies was a good idea. We did the same for Andrew with trading bites of dinner for a sip of juice while we were in Bulgaria. Thanks for the update. It's been busy here so I haven't had a chance to send a note asking how things are. So this update was good.

Catrina said...

Congratulations on the homecoming of your son. I did not realize it had happened. I am so happy that you said yes to Gods heart. May God pour out his grace on you and your family.

Catrina from
Grace Covenant Fellowship

Catrina said...

Yes the church received your sweet note. I however did not see it till 2 weeks ago, It got posted on the church board by someone who picked up the mail, sorry! I usually try to keep a better track on the families we have been blessed to help, and there is another family with a name close to yours that I have recently been dealing with. BTW your son is sooo cute, and he really seems to be doing well.