Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Bulgarian Dossier

TOL received our signed paperwork today and emailed us what we need to gather for our dossier. For the Ukraine we had to get fingerprinted and send it to the State of Michigan to do a background check. For Bulgaria we have to redo our fingerprints at the police station and send it to the FBI to have our background checked. This is on our to do list tomorrow!
Also for Bulgaria we have to get our social worker's license, which we didn't need for the Ukraine. So I just emailed her for this. Chris and I also have to have blood work done for HIV, Hepatitis and Tuberculosis. Hopefully we can get appt. for next week.

My hope is still to have everything done by the end of July so please pray for us so we can get our dossier together quickly. The FBI check supposedly takes 3-4 weeks, and I am requesting they do it in 2 :)

After doing all the above, we are told that we will most likely have to redo our homestudy, fingerprints and medical because they expire after 12 months and have to be updated for court. We are being told we could receive a referrel of a child in 12 months and court is about 12-16 weeks after that. Then we travel a second time to bring our son home. I am so glad that this program is a bit less expensive than Ukraine because after we redo all this stuff it will probably cost us the same amount as the Ukraine.

I am following a couple in the Ukraine who are wanting to adopt a son, they haven't blogged since they have been there (this week). I am praying that they do bring a child home.
Thank you for reading our blog and for your support.


.

No comments: