An answer to your question about what agencies I would recommend? I am in the middle of adopting so can't necessarily recommend any agency based on experience. However, I would suggest you visit the FRUA chat page and take a look for yourself what others have said about different agencies. I only checked out 4 agencies myself for Bulgaria and they were St.Mary International in N.Carolina, Adoption Ark, All God's Children International and Tree of Life. I decided to go with TOL because a number of people recommended this agency for Bulgaria. The coordinator has adopted 2 children from Bulgaria herself and they continued adoptions in this country when others stopped because of the slow down. So I personally felt that they had good connections. Now having said this, All God's Children International works with the same in country agency as TOL and I think they have an excellent agency overall. It will have to be a personal decision and you will have to just research what other's are saying.
The dossier is pretty easy to compile compared to other countries, and the timeline to bringing your child home is shorter than China but a bit longer than Russia and Ukraine. We are being told most likely 18 months. I am hoping though, because we want a boy, it will be 12 months to get our referrel. Hope this answered your questions.
2 comments:
THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME. IT HAS HELPED ALOT...... WE ARE EXCITED BUT NERVOUS TO BE STARTING ANOTHER ADOPTING....
Hey, thanks for leaving a note on our blog. The Bulgarian option seems like it could be a possibility. We have heard that girls under 4 years old are tough to find for adoption in Ukraine. We don't have a prefrence, other than keeping our birth order intact and will consider siblings as long as they are younger than our daughter.
To start the process all over in Bulgaria is something I'm not so sure we want to do since I (Vince) am a little bit older. We'll probably see what this month brings in the way of a travel date. We know nothing is ever settled in Ukraine, though.
Good luck and God bless!
Post a Comment