Update: Our agency and lawyer found a name and website for us to request a letter from the UK authorities. I emailed the contact Monday and never heard back. This morning I called and had to talk to 2 people telling me to check the website (which I had already done, but was hoping for a contact person who could help me with the letter I need).
Mailed off the letter they need stating I am not a habitual resident of England and have it notarized. It should be in England in 3-5 days (express mail, costing $25). The lady at the post office said it will take 10 days to get a letter regular post from England. So this matter will probably be resolved by the end of November.
I am hoping MOJ of Bulgaria is patient and doesn't take us out of the dossier line, if they do we will be waiting another month to be registered! I have to keep reminding myself God is sovereign and maybe my son isn't availabe to be adopted yet. It is so frustrating working with government agencies, no accountability or customer service. If Obama wins this election, this is what we will get with government healthcare (the runaround).
Will update when we have the important letter in our hands and off to our agency. Probably need to apostile this too I am guessing. Adoption is not for the weary hearted.
2 comments:
That's progress!
The doc we are using is from the Cincinatti Children's Hospital. Her name is Dr Staat and she is an adoptive mom. We just love her! Both our referrals she really took her time and was so kind and thurough! She is definately on your side and seems to know her stuff! Here is a link to the pre-adoptive info: http://www.cincinnatichildrens.org/svc/alpha/i/int-adopt/svc/consultation.htm
Keep me posted on your paperwork! Still praying for you!
Your last sentence is so, so very true. Just keep plugging along day by day. Each morning you wake up is one day closer to meeting your son.
Post a Comment