For those of you who are in the process of adopting or have adopted already, I found creatingafamily.com. Dawn is the host and she has some great guests on the phone and interviews them. Today she interviewed Dr. Grey who wrote the book Attatching in Adoption. The topic today was "attatchement for 2-6 year olds" and she was interviewed last November (so check the archives). If you have an hour to sit and listen on the internet I would highly suggest you do so, if not down load from Itunes.
For our education we had to read her book, and this book is a must buy for adoptive parents. So helpful on what to expect, warning signs etc. Dawn also has some great info on her website for parents investigating the adoption route and she has a blog. I believe she is an adoptive parent of a child from S.Korea. She also addresses topics on infertility and foster care. She also wrote a book titled 'the complete handbook on international adoption'. Take a peek, it was great listening, while my kids had nap time.
1 comment:
I missed it! I'll have to down load it! Thanks... this sounds good!
Post a Comment