Monday, January 26, 2009

Are we registered?

Hi I have been trying to be very patient, knowing that our paperwork had to be translated first and then submitted to MOJ, then there was Christmas and New Years so I waited until today to email our caseworker to see if she has heard anything from Bulgaria.

She informed me today that she was talking with our lawyer in Bulgaria today and that MOJ received our paperwork January 6th 2009 and we have been given a number, but it is unsure whether they have finished with our paperwork...so does that mean we are registered or not? I believe we are but we could still hear from them that they may need some more information? I hope not. I don't know what else we could get them. So I believe as of January we are officially waiting, that is my understanding. Hopefully this means it is about 12 months from now that we will receive a referrel of our son. You never know with international adoption!

In July we will have to renew our homestudy, which means we will be meeting with the socail worker again in our home, etc. And during the summer we will have to redo our fingerprints and some other paperwork like medicals.

Onto other things, Caroline had her birthday party at Bounce Party and has so much fun with her friends. The kids were sweating and just had a great time. I am so glad that we did this for her 6th birthday. Our youngest is saying she wants her party at Chuck E Cheeses. We have never been there as a family before so maybe next year we can do this for her and some of her friends from church.

Thanks for checking in with us and following our journey to bringing our son home. If you are following our blog and interested in adoption and/or Bulgaria leave me a note and I can answer any questions you have.

Update: my friend Sarah will be travelling Jan 31st to Russia to visit her daughter for the first trip. Please keep them in your prayers as she has never been on plane before. I am so excited for them as we have been waiting with them through their journey.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

YEAH!!!!!!! Finally some progress!!! So happy to hear you are now officially just 'waiting' for your referral! What a great way to start the new year!!!

By the way... I have actually been on a plane before, a few times. Just never one that took me on a 10 hour flight out of my country! And to be perfectly honest... I didn't really care for the 3 hour flight to Florida much to begin with! :) Thanks for praying for us!

And thanks for the update... I'm obsessed with checking on your blog!!! I keep telling Tim that I am going to have way too much time on my hands once both our kiddos are home and I'm not sitting in front of this computer checking your blog and FRUA all the time! Praying for you guys!

The Keno Family said...

So glad to hear you are registered (or very very close)! I would love to hear that news one of these days! God bless you on your adoption journey.
Mary Ellen