Monday, January 19, 2009

It has been 10 months since we started

It has been 10 months since we started our adoption process, first with the Ukraine and then switching to Bulgaria. Bulgaria is situated north of Greece and South of Romania. It used to be apart of the Soviet Union. Many Europeans travel to Bulgaria for vacation as the beaches are beautiful. There are many westernized hotels, waterparks and beaches for foreigners. Once you leave the beaches and go inland there is a stark difference. If you want to know more about Bulgaria there is a good site if you search under Bulgaria travel.

We are still not registered! Will post as soon as we hear something. Tomorrow the MOJ meets again to register families and give out referrals. Please continue to pray for us and our son. I am not feeling anxious or impatient at all, it can only be God's doing. I have learned that this is out of my hands and in God's control.

Life continues to go on. Next week is our oldest daughter's 6th birthday. She is very excited as she is having a friends party at Bounce Party. I will post some pics next week! How time flies, yet I can't believe she has only been with us for 6 years. She is such a joy and sweet girl! Children are a blessing from God:)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Caroline! I can testify to her being a sweet girl! She is such a joy to have in class on Sunday!

Does this mean you could be registered tomorrow? Each day is one day closer! Your son is in the care of our Father at every moment, preparing him for you!

I'm praying for you guys as you wait to meet him!

Kelly said...

Still keeping up and hoping you guys get a referral soon!!! XOXO!!

The Keno Family said...

That is such a good idea Celeste how you gave an overview of your adoption process and also to give some more information about Bulgaria. I will have to try to do this on my blog. I also had forgotten that you started out wanting to adopt from Ukraine and switched to Bulgaria as we did. Our adoption stories have a lot of parallels.
Mary Ellen