Today, Kay Monte, from our agency sent an email answering some questions people had about updating their paperwork after waiting for a referral. She stated that we need to keep our USCIS paperwork upto date (that would be fingerprints for them, home study updated and mailed to them). Our medicals and FBI prints only have to be updated again once we receive our referral and travel, they will be need for our court proceedings. So even though these papers expire after 6 months when you are getting your dossier together, as long as it doesn't expire before it gets to the MOJ to be registered, they are fine until you get your referral. Once you get your referral you will have these two things done again and mailed to your agency and MOJ. Hope that answers some of the questions out there.
For us we will be updating our home study in late June and redoing our fingerprints in August. The fingerprints are free this time around but next time we will have to pay again. The home study will probably cost us I am guessing $700 to update. I wish we were seeing some young ones coming home but I haven't seen any yet. I believe an Italian couple last year got a 2 yr old boy, hopefully some more will be referred.
Mary Ellen, if you are reading this please invite me to your blog. I emailed you our email address but haven't heard back, I know you will be traveling soon and have been praying for you guys. Bon Voyage!
Jeremiah 29:11
6 comments:
I'm curious why you're going to have your homestudy done again? I'm hoping this is not standard procedure. I understand we'll have to re-do our medical reports and FBI clearnaces, but I wasn't anticipating a homestudy update.
It seems time passes so quickly and slow at the same time?? Thanks for the heads up. Even though we have not gotten to this point it is nice to know what is down the road. Let's hope this will the ONLY update for you guys!!!
Thank you for letting us all know those procedures. We haven't even finalized our homestudy but it's nice to know what the procedure will be in the future. We continue to pray that your little will be home soon!
Thanks for posting all this information. It was something that I had not thought about. Here is my email delong.donna@gmail.com.
and our blog outoftheboatfortam.blogspot.com
We are planning on changing it soon, but our still using it for now.
Good Luck!!!
We are using Hopscotch. Who are you using?
Hi Celeste. I will invite you! We arrived in Sofia today. Our trip went so well and our facilitators met us at the airport and got us settled into our hotel. Hotel Jasmin-very nice! Monday we meet "Valentin"!
blessings,Mary Ellen
Celeste please send me your email address. kenofamily@gmail.com
Post a Comment