Monday, June 1, 2009

Life is short...

I have been reminded this past week that life is too short and that we (adoptive parents) must not live for the future (planning for when our adoptive children arrive home) but we should experience the present. Not that it is bad to plan for the future but not to forget to live for today and enjoy today.

A friend of mine was diagnosed with cancer, he has had it removed and is undergoing radiation. He is my age with young kids and it makes you realize that it could be you! Also our neighbor is in the hospital with lung cancer and then today we found out that someone we know at church had a heart attack and died, he too has a family with some kids still at home. I was shocked to hear he had died, and it made me think I could lose my husband just as quickly and where would we be. I know this man is with our Heavenly Father but it is very hard for his family and friends not to have him here and the way he died was so sudden.

So with all this going on, I have been reminded life is short, you might not have a tomorrow so experience today and don't wish it away. Patience for tomorrow (future when our son comes home) but living for today (enjoying my kids now). Sorry for the rambelings.
Have a blessed week.

2 comments:

MoserUpdates said...

Wow! You've had a lot happen in a short amount of time. It's amazing what God teaches us while going through adoption!

PSYCHABLES said...

yup I agree that life is short.. So lets live life to the fullest, as if it we're the last...
nice blogs interesting :-)