So, last night Chris and I go upstairs to get ready to turn in and we see that Caroline has placed little gifts of candy outside our doors with our names on them. She did the same thing for her sister and of course herself. Too sweet.
This morning, I thank her and she tells me that she also put some in Calvin's room. She asks me if the candy will go bad before he comes home! Too cute. It touches my heart as a mom to know that she is thinking about her baby brother even when he isn't here yet.
She asks me weekly when he will be joining our family, wish I had an answer for her ' all in God's timing.' Hopefully this time next year...haven't I been saying that for over a year now.
Last night I read the following and need to remind myself of this-
Life under God's control and not my own;
1. To glorify God with my life
2. To grow in godliness
3. To know God intimately
4. To serve His eternal purposes
This adoption process thus far, has made me be patient, and rely on God's timing not to try and control things...kind of hard to control it as it is out of my hands. We decided to adopt because we knew this is what God was calling us to do, kind of scary, but we have to be obedient. Through this I want to grow in godliness, know God intimately and glorify Him.
Any control you perceive you have over your present or future circumstances is a mere illusion!!
Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
4 comments:
Aww that's so sweet of your little girl to think of her brother. Thanks for sharing the story behind your son's name. Very interesting. Mary Ellen
Hi! I just stumbled on your blog and have enjoyed reading .... your daughter is so sweet and thoughtful .... what a great story to share with her brother someday!
We're in the process of adopting from Bulgaria also. We've visited our daughter and are waiting for a court date.
Cheryl
We are working through TOL. And you?
It's been a long journey but we are hoping to have our daughter home sometime in August.
What a perfect name you've chosen for your son, Celeste! And his room looks great!
Post a Comment