Friday, January 15, 2010

Info if you are adopting from Ukraine

I received this email, because we were originally adopting from the Ukraine, so I am part of this listserve. This is one of the reasons we are not with the Ukraine program, they are forever changing their requirements. So for those of you who are adopting from Ukraine talk to your agency about this new information;
Dear Members of Adoption Community interested in Ukraine:
We would like to inform you about the new paperwork requirement for the
adoption dossiers submitted to the State Department for Adoptions and
Protection of the Rights of the Child (SDAPRC) on or after February 1st,
2010.
All foreign adoptive parents will be required to add the following documents
to their adoption dossiers:
1) Three copies of both parentsb passports (instead of one),
accompanied by Certified English translation. No apostille is required for
copies
of passports.

2) Notarized statement, signed by both parents, authorizing the
SDAPRC to request the clearances for them through the Ukrainian law
enforcement
agencies and Interpol. This statement should bear a Hague Apostille and
be accompanied by a certified English translation. There is no special
form or sample of this statement currently available, so it will be accepted
in any form.

All adoption dossiers submitted on or after February 1st, 2010 must
include these two additional documents. The families whose dossiers have
already
been accepted and registered are not required to submit these new items.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any additional questions.
Sincerely,
Adoption Unit/Immigrant Visa Section
Consular Section
American Embassy
Kyiv, Ukraine
Tel: 38-044-4904422
Fax: 38-044-490-4570
Kyivadoptions@state.gov


3 comments:

Renae said...

Thanks for your prayers Celeste...it has been a tough day getting stuff done..and I'm really tired..not the way to start a trip..:( I'll try to send pictures of Bulgaria as I take them(if I can) and if we accept our referral, you can email me for pics of her:)!

The Keno Family said...

Thanks for this information about Ukraine Celeste. I am going to pass it on to a family here in Canada as they are deciding about adopting from the Ukraine right now. Mary Ellen

Jeannie and Freddy said...

Love the new look! Your a Doll!