Friday, January 8, 2010

Next Step 8k

Well I finally graduated from the couch to 5k program, even though I am not running it in 30 minutes I am moving on to the gateway to 8k program. I love interval training and even though I want to run a 5k in 30 minutes I figured training for a 8k will increase my stamina which can only help me run a 5k faster right, well we will find out in May. The 8k program is 10 weeks long. At the moment I have a terrible head cold, which for me usually means sinus infections and chest cold=asthma. If I am still able to breath, my plan is to start the 8k program Monday.

On the adoption front, I emailed our caseworker and asked if she had received any info from the MOJ about dossiers and healthy children on the registery, she hadn't heard back anything yet but will be speaking with our Bulgarian agency Monday to find out this information. It is so hard waiting, trying to plan life. DH wants to go to a conference in November, my mom wants to go on a family vacation (we have never done this with them, usually just visit them for Christmas), my cousin (who lives in Australia) would like to do Disney with us and his son, school is another issue do we homeschool Cathryn next year or put her in Kindergarden so I will have some one on one time with our son when he gets home. See what I mean? I know in the book of Matthew God tells us not to worry about tomorrow for today has its own worries, yet it is nice to be able to plan ahead especially when you only have certain amount of vacation days etc. I keep telling hubby we need to just figure that we will travel this summer and get our son Christmas or New Year. I feel like we have been saying this for the last couple of years. We missed Disney last year with Chris' family because we need the vacation days 'incase' we travelled last year! But we will be going to Disney this year in February with them, looking forward to the warmer weather!

In the next few weeks we have some more families travelling to see their children for the first time, they are special needs. Very exciting and can't wait to follow their journey. I know when we finally get the referral I will scream from our roof top, do a dance and probably lose it. I am already listening and researching what to do when you get a referral. I have a site of an international doctor and know that you are supposed to look at head circumference, weight growth and height growth. Any information or advice about referrals will be greatly appreciated. So enough babbeling, tonight I will try and download some pictures from Christmas.
Matthew 6:34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

3 comments:

amie said...

Celeste
Good luck with the 8K, just tell yourself you can do it!!!! I undetstand your vacation situation. I planned several trips this summer knowing we are not even close to a trip to Bulgaria. I think I would plan them anyway, since things are so unstable. Have a good weekend and keep running

growing our love... said...

Celeste,
I feel your pain! If you book it you will travel.
Thanks for giving me the information on the couch to 5K. It seems like something that I can do! I can't wait to get started. Good Luck.
We should find out next week if we have been registered with the MOJ! YAY.
Take care,Donna
delong.donna@gmail.com

Kelly said...

Thank you for your support! Your time WILL come!!!

I have a camera and computer, so I will be posting every chance I get. Esp. since my kids and husband want pictures! :)