I have been struggling with my asthma and allergies these few weeks and so have Caroline and Cathryn. I have my 5k coming up in 10 days time and ran outside this past Saturday for the first time only to get an asthma attack after .8 miles. So walked for a few minutes and ran back home. Did only 1.6 miles. I am on my advair and proventil inhalers. Today was my second attempt at running outside. I did 3.1 miles in 35 minutes. I had to stop a few times to catch my breath, my lung capacity is not what it was a month ago. But I will perservere and hope to run on May 8th.
If for some reason I am not able to run the 5k I will try not to be disappointed in myself. Rather, I look at these past few months as reaching a goal I set for myself. Being able to run 3 miles, where in November I had a hard time running 5 minutes.
On a different note, we finished the book of James yesterday. What do I take with me now that I am done? 1. Love my neighbor as myself 2. Be quick to hear, slow to anger and slow to speak 3. Control what comes out of my mouth, which ultimatley means I need to be careful what i allow into my heart 4. Don't show pariality and judgement. God is the ultimate judge. 5. Trials test our faith, and we need to be doers as well as hearers of God's word. 6. We need accountability, confess our sins and pray with other believers. We are to also turn our fellow believers from sin and save their souls. I loved the book of James, so many wonderful reminders how we are to live as Christians in this world. Boy was it a convicting book.
2 comments:
Celeste thank you so much for your prayers...you are not forgotten, I promise...and as much as I struggle with my own circumstances, know that you are still being lifted to the Father as well:).
So glad to hear that you are trusting in God as you wait on Him and His perfect plan for your family.
Post a Comment