Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Ran and Finished my 5k May8

So the week before the race I kept going back and forth as to whether I was going to run because f the weather conditions and my asthma. The night before I had made my decision not to run because it was supposed to be 41 degrees, windy and raining. My husband though talked me into picking up my packet of info anyway just in case. That evening he talked me into running, by saying how I had trained for this and should try it any way, so what if I got asthma and had to walk off the course. So we got up at 6am and were down at the starting line at 7am. Chris' family were there to cheer me on. I finished it without getting asthma and the rain held off until we were done. It was still very windy, especially up the hills. I finished in 35'2''. I was very emotional when I crossed the finish line but held it together. It was actually a lot of fun running with over 5,000 people. Maybe I should do one more this summer?

2 comments:

E. Wagoner said...

Yay on your 5k and your adoption going forward. Your blog gives me hope and inspiration. We have a couple of things in common--I ran/mostly walked my first 5k in April, and will do another in late June, and I also an in the beginning stages of adopting from Bulgaria. I was with WACAP for Russia, but had to change my plans. Bulgaria was not even on my short list last year, and now I am falling in love with it. There is hope, and your child is in the loving arms of the Father until your arms are securely around him. As soon as I choose my agency, I finish my homestudy and join the waiting game. You will probably be done by then, so I will be coming back for encouragement.
Lots of prayers and peace to you!

amie said...

Celeste!!!
Congrats!!! GREAT TIME. I do not have asthma and it would be hard to beat that