Monday, October 11, 2010

passport renewed

Wonderful surprise today, UPS delivered my new passport. It only took them a couple of weeks. I was expecting 4-6 weeks, so that was FAST. Now my passport is good until 2020. Chris has his doctors appointment tomorrow with our 'new' doctor. Chris and I switched to the kids doctor because mine closed his office and Chris' is just way to slow and there are too many hoops to jump through over there trying to get his paperwork back with a signature etc. I love our kids doctor, you take the form in with you, he checks you out, asks you questions and signs off right there. Chris' doctor would have him come back a week later to pick it up signed etc (that was probably when we had blood work done etc, but it took them forever to get it back to us.) I had my appointment last Friday and got my hep B shot (in case we travel this year) and my tetnus. I still need to get my flu shot (for volunteering at the hospital). Did any of you get the Hep b for traveling, it was recommended on the CDC site? They also recommend Hep A (food and water) but I really don't want to get more shots, and I have heard the food and restaurants in Bulgaria are very good so not to worried about that and we will just drink bottled water or boiled at our apartment/hotel. All this to say that I am hoping to have our homestudy done by the end of this week so I can mail it with our I800a extension. Anyone send their paperwork to Chicago? IF so how long is it taking? I have heard others saying it is taking 3 months to have their extentions approved. Please pray with us that that isn't the case, we need it sooner. Praying for God to move mountains, as we know He can. Praying that our paperwork will go smoothly, with no requests or corrections and that our son will be protected and be able to come home soon.

4 comments:

Renae said...

No shots at all here! I did take antibiotics the whole trip because it was winter...and I didn't want to be sick. Bottled water and pop is readily available in Bulgaria..you'll be fine:)!

Viviane said...

Celeste,

Why are you sending your USCIS paperwork to Chicago? I thought all I-800A paperwork now must be mailed to the Texas facility from where it reaches NBC in Missouri after about two weeks.

Chris Haven said...

Viviane, I will double check with our worker, but last year that is where we mailed it. Maybe because we live in Michigan?

amie said...

Celeste
I am a pharmacist and very PRO vaccine! I mean if you can prevent Hep A or B with a few simple shots and prevent a life long of liver disease why not? You are not safe from Hep A because you live in US, especially since many foods we eat in restraunts is imported. My thoughts are get the shots even if you do not travel!