Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Happy Birthday Calvin

Three years ago today, our little guy was born on the other side of the ocean. We had started the adoption process by then, and were actually looking to adopt from the Ukraine. I had a picture of a little boy with blond hair and blue eyes in my mind. When we decided to change countries in June/July that is when Calvin was placed in the orphanage by his mom in Bulgaria. We are so blessed to have found you son, after all these years of waiting. And he has dark brown hair and eyes like the rest of us!
I received an email from our agency with some medical history and pictures of about 4 little boys, the youngest being Calvin (2.5 yrs old) who had some special medical needs. I requested more information on him and updated pictures, his picture was from when he was about 12 months old. We asked for updated head circumference, weight and height and other info on his medical condition. We then prayed about it and a few weeks later sent the above information to our IA doctor. We couldn't be given his official referral because our paperwork didn't have his exact medical condition, so we had to update our paperwork, which took 3 months. Finally in February we received his official referral.
It is hard to believe it has been 7 months since we first saw Calvin's little face in a picture and we are still waiting on a court date to bring him home. It is so hard not being able to do anything about it but wait. Reminds me of the song, I am waiting on you Lord.
Each holiday that goes by, I think of you little one. I think of you when I rise in the morning and I think of you when my head touches the pillow at night. I thank my God for you and pray for your safety. We are waiting to bring you home. I pray this will be the last birthday you celebrate with out your family.
I am hoping the care givers are taking pictures of Calvin's special day today. We sent them a disposable camera and some gifts for him, and treats for him and his friends. Once we get our son home I plan to have a 'small' birthday party for him with just family. This will probably not be until he is home at least for a month. He loves lego's so I will make lego cupcakes and do a lego theme. Can't wait to see him again, and hold him.

1 comment:

Aaron and Jennifer Santor said...

I totally know what you're feeling!!! Waking up every morning and going to bed every night just thinking about your boy!!Every thing you do just thinking about how it will be when your little one comes home. It really won't be much longer!!!Now that Andrew's home I just look at him in amazement!! I can't believe he's finally here and at the same time it feels like he's never NOT been here. God is faithful and will complete what He started!!!!