Calvin has been with us now 7 months and he is such a different child. He is happier, more relaxed with us, not as scared or uptight. He now knows mommy tickling him, rolling on the floor with him is fun and not scary. I remind him mommy won't hurt you, mommy takes care of you, mommy is playing with you. Before he would be really scared and cry. He is also now being affectionate on his own without us initiating it. He will hug my leg and say lub you. He will not sit next to us on the couch when watching t.v, instead of sitting in the bean bag on the floor. He loves his bath time and reminds us every night at dinner.
Language: Calvin uses I instead of saying Calvin (he does this sometimes but not as much), he did use the past tense (I saw fire truck). He prefers to just used 2 words to get his point across, but when redirected he will use a sentence like: May I have another book, instead of , book please.
Next week he is being evaluated by the school district for speech therapy, OT and PT. He isn't falling as much either, probably because he weighs more and is building up his strength. After his dental procedure though, he was a bit tipsy for a few days. He has another dental procedure coming up the first week of March (2 more fillings).
Another mile stone is we left him and our 2 girls with a close family friend for an hour so we could go out and celebrate Valentine's Day. He did fine. My friend though did say he would bring toys and play close to her (insecurity?) . After his nap he was also a bit emotional (weepy)and couldn't explain why. He kept saying because......because...... I tried to give him feelings, and he said he was sad but couldn't say why he was sad. We talked about how mommy will always come back and how we take his sisters to school and always pick them up and bring them home. I am not sure when we will try that again, but I think it did help having his sisters there.
Calvin talks non stop, loves us to read him books, wants to help unload the dishwasher, asks to have his teeth brushed, loves swimming, very outgoing, tattles on his sisters all the time, and is a very happy fun loving boy.
3 comments:
So happy to hear how well Calvin is doing. I especially like the tattling on his sisters part! My girls will have to deal with that from their new siblings too. So cute!
Andrew will look like he's having a hard time every now and again and I'll ask what is wrong. Usually I will get from him that he is sad, but he can never tell me why. I'm thinking he may not really know. There's so much for their little minds to process. Or at least he doesn't have words enough to explain.
Rex also sometimes gets a really, truly sad face with a big tear or two. It always happens suddenly. It's so pitiful, it nearly breaks my heart. Since he has no language, all I can do is hold him and acknowledge that he is sad. I tell him I am sad, too, for some of the things he might be grieving. And then I assure him of our forever love and protection for him. Usually within a few minutes, he perks back up.
Please keep your blog going, it's fun to see the kids grow. Can't wait to meet all of you in June.
Post a Comment