Monday, November 23, 2009

Running

Yes it is true, I am actually training to run a 5K in May 2010. Never thought I would ever do this, made every excuse as to why I shouldn't take up running; asthma, not fun, boring, silly, bad for your knees, hate to sweat etc.

But at the prodding of a friend (who is a runner) I decided to do the couch to 5k training and it is okay! I hate it while I am doing it, but love it afterwards. I am on week 4 of a 9 week program. This is one way to not obsess on the adoption front. However, I do check blogs every day to see what is happening with other adoptive families. It makes my heart so happy to see little ones coming home! One day it will be us!

I emailed the Hague department about our I 800a as we hadn't heard from them about our fingerprints. I got a response saying we didn't have to redo our fingerprints if we want to go with our August one! The left hand doesn't seem to know what the right hand is doing! I responded and asked them to refund us our money then and we could do that! They also said they have 90 days to work on our paperwork (if they take 90 days that means by Feb1st) Praying we will hear back from them before Christmas. Once we get this approval letter we then need to notarize and apostil it and send to Bulgaria.

Thanksgiving is just a few days away, and we will be spending it with Chris' family. The girls are excited to see their cousins and grandparents. I have a wonderful recipe for pumpkin pie, so will be making a couple of those for Thanksgiving. Wishing you all a happy thanksgiving as we give thanks to the One who has blessed us with much. Thank you Lord for your mercy, and the many blessings we do not deserve. Thank you for the children I have and for the one that is not with us yet, bless them and keep them for physical and spiritual harm Lord. Thank you for my husband who provides and protects us. Thank you Lord for family and friends who encourage us and love us even when we aren't lovable. Thank you Lord for adopting us into your family and for your plan of redemption. Jeremiah 29:11-13

4 comments:

Renae said...

SEEEE, a little email can go a looong way!!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Renae

amie said...

Happy Thaksgiving and good luck with the running program

Jeannie and Freddy said...

I just found your blog too..and LOVE IT! Thank you for the sweet comment..because of you and many other wonderful pap's..I will not go private;)

Jack and Cheryl said...

Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving!