What was really special is that they had a photographer who attends our church, take family pictures and it was FREE. What a blessing. They also had a silent auction. There were knitted scarves ( I should have made an offer but didn't), cutting boards, a beautiful quilt (I couldn't afford the starting bid of $300), a painting, calligraphy (also wanted to make an offer on that) , a guitar and coffee machine.
The meal was catered and delicious. Chicken, carrots, broccoli, rice and cheese rolls. There was background music playing and each table was decorated with a flag of a country and momento from that country. I am guessing the countries were where the children in our church have been adopted from. There were two speakers, a college student and then a grandmother. Both were adopted domestically and the grandmother has grandchildren from China, Korea and Guatemala. The testemonies were my favorite part of the evening. They both knew they were adopted from the beginning and the college student talked about some issues she has had and how her adoptive parents showed her how we are all adopted into the family of God. There is so much I could say, there was scripture, tears, and the focus was our our Father who loves us and wants the best for us. At the end of the evening they asked for donations for the fund they are starting for families who want to adopt. I would love to know how they did! It was a wonderful time to celebrate adoption and be reminded why we are doing it. We know God wants us to do this and that he has our son waiting for us. We wish you were home Calvin, we love you and pray for you daily. We pray that God will bring you home soon and that you are safe, healthy and cared for. We pray for your birthmom that she will come to know her Heavenly Father through this experience, that she will have peace and feel His presence in her life. I hope you will be able to meet her one day and know how much she loves you to give you life and not abort you or harm you. Come home to us soon, love mom.
2 comments:
Sounds like it was a very special night. I am praying that you hear something soon. Are dossier was received by Bulgaria on Nov. 4. Now the real hard part starts...waiting.
Hugs!!
Donna
What a wonderful evening Celeste! I am hopeful that one day our church will be open to an event like this. Thanks for sharing about it. Mary Ellen
Post a Comment