Saturday, October 31, 2009

Letter from Hague Adoption

Yes we heard back from the Hague today and no it wasn't our approval letter. Rather, they want us to do our fingerprints again so were asking for the $160 we didn't send with our application. I just don't get the government. We had our fingerprints done in August people, why can't you use those? I sent them a copy of the letter saying we had them done in August and they were good for 15 months. But I guess every time you do different paperwork you need new fingerprints. All I can say is 'money, money, money. Money makes the world go round.' How about we rather give the money to the orphanages these kids are in, doesn't that sound like a better idea?

So Monday I will be throwing more money to the government so we can go get our finger prints done again. So this is number 3 for hubby and number 4 for me in the last year and a half! Can you tell I am a bit frustrated.

Good news, our agency had to referrels the last MOJ appointment and someone is going to court for thier child. I was really hoping to have a referral by this Christmas, last Christmas was bitter sweet. Any news from other agencies on referrels?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Celeste
That stinks about you fingerprints!!! It does sound like the government could do better. Did your agency get SN referrals or healthy kids? I am anxious for things to get moving! I know you are past ready for your your referral.
amie

Renae said...

Hey Celeste,

I did hear about it...but Kay says this is nothing new..they have always done it that way.., but ask her, she knows everything!! I thought about telling her about the yahoo group posts, but it may just be easier to just ask the questions yourself.. I know you guys are frustrated, and deserve to be even more "grumpy" than me! I'll be praying for you!!

Renae