Friday, October 23, 2009

MOPS Sale

I sold a ton of big items and after giving my 30% to MOPS my take home is $192 to put towards our adoption. Yeah! I had quite a lot of maternity stuff left over because there was so much of it so I took it to a consignment store down the road. However, they take 60% of what I sell it for. I just want to sell it and get more than I would at a garage sale. So we will see.
So the $192 looks likes peanuts compared to what we just dished out ($1,000) but it is something right? We also have finally paid off our car so no more car payments. So that money will be going in the adoption savings account starting January.
Our church is also hosting an Adoption Banquet November 5th to raise money for their new adoption ministry. Some of the money will go into a financial fund for families who want to adopt but can't afford it. Great idea and blessing to many in the future! I am really looking forward to the evening, hearing testimonies and they will be having a silent auction. I will let you know how it goes. Have a great weekend, it is raining here and we will be siting in the cold watching our girls play soccer. So happy it is their last game.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

God bless your adoption journey!

Jack and Cheryl said...

Hmmm .... $192, that's $192 less that you have to find somewhere plus the added bonus is that you've gotten rid of some unused items. It's a win/win situation! Every little bit helps.

Hoping that the Adoption Banquet goes well -- what a wonderful idea! Would love to hear more about it.

Keeping you in our prayers.

Kelly said...

Hi Celeste.

Email me, and I will email you back. After further explanation it sounds like things aren't quite as bad as I thought at first. It has to do with all kids.

kelly9mayden@yahoo.com

Dutt and Delia said...

Rossi says to tell you that it's worth all the aggravation and money!

Great going on the MOPS sale :)