Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving

This thanksgiving we celebrated with my inlaws. We had 20 people for the thanksgiving meal. We had a wonderful time with family. We are so blessed. Calvin, you were on my mind alot. Praying you will be with us next year to celebrate with our family. Praying for all the orphans around the world. We have so much and they have so little.
It is kind of crazy here in America how people go shopping the day after Thanksgiving to get a good deal on something. Really shows us how materialistic we are. I did go out the day after thanksgiving with my mother and sister in law. We were not up at the crack of dawn. We went out for breakfast (while the men babysat the kids) and then we just checked out a few stores. We enjoy the time together.
What I love most, is being able to put up our Christmas tree and decorate for Christmas, once Thanksgiving is over. This year we didn't go and cut our own tree, we were just exhausted from Thanksgiving. So Chris and the girls went to a lot and chose one. The girls and I then decorated it, with Christmas music in the background and drinking hot chocolate. I do the lights and they get to help with the ornaments. We also have a fake tree that we put upstairs in the hallway (9ft). We put our our nativity scene, and Dickins Village. We put lights in the windows but I have yet to convince my husband to get on the roof to put lights up on the house. I love Christmas time, the meaning of Christmas and the anticipation of Christmas day with my family. This is the second year that we have a stocking for Calvin hanging from our mantel and he is still not here. We will be going Tuesday morning for our last set of fingerprints at USCIS. Praying that 2011 is the year we bring our son home.

1 comment:

growing our love... said...

Wishing your family a warm holiday season! Praying that 2011 will be Calvin's year) Hugs