Saturday, September 19, 2009

US goverment made an error!

We got a letter today saying, "upon review of your form I600a, it has been determined that your request to transfer your approved I600a from Ukraine to Bulgaria was granted in error August 2008. We have been notified by Sofia Bulgaria that you must file an I800a to intiate adoption in Bulgaria."

What can I say, nothing! I have filled out the I800a to the best of my ability, emailed USCIS and asked them to waive our filing fee (it will cost us another $670) because they told us we were grandfathered in. There is a question ont he I800a I am not sure how to fill out...asks about State statutes and requirments, i dont know what they are. Do any of you who are adopting? I have done all I can tonight, I am going to pray now and not worry about it until Monday.

I just want to quit...I am tired of waiting, tired of renewing paperwork, tired of this run around and tired of having to chase people to get anything done! Please pray for us that we dont have to pay the extra $670 and having to pay for a new homestudy to be done which will be $1400. I am praying it will only be an updated homestudy and the filing fee will be waived. Some days I wonder is this what the Lord wants us to be doing or is it just me wanting a little boy named Calvin? I need to pray.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris and Celeste,

I know you are devastated. Calvin lives in your heart and I hope someday you can hear his tiny little feet running down the hall. It is an uphill battle and sometimes we just have to keep climbing even through the storm! It stinks that it arrived on Saturday and it has to brew all weekend. Hang tight until you clear things up, it may not be as bad as you think :)

Renae said...

Oh my goodness!! O.K., breathe!! I think the question on the I800A you are referring to is Part 3, #3..which asks about preadoption requirements for your state..this is NA since Bulgarian adoptions are finalized in Bulgaria, not in the United States..that's what I put, and it was fine..I'm still praying for you both..hang in there..

Proverbs 3:5-6
Renae

Aaron and Jennifer Santor said...

Our agency is here in GA where we live, so they were able to tell us the exact words needed to be written down in that state requirement area. The instructions for it say to check with the home study agency to see what should be listed there. Hope that helps. We understand the big unexpected things and change of plans. Keep holding on to the One who has called you to adopt and keep hoping in Him!!!

MoserUpdates said...

I felt this way quite a few times during the process, so understand that this is pretty normal. Sometimes God asks us to take a few more steps in faith to strengthen us for what is ahead. I'll be praying for you this week :)

Lori Schumaker said...

Celeste,

Oh, honey, I am so sorry... My heart is aching for you. Keep that positive thinking and keep bringing it all to Him and leaving those worries and aches right there at the foot of the Cross!

I did send my 1800 to the Chicago address. Also, my homestudy caseworker gave me directions to the government website that listed out the state statute. I copied and pasted it into a document and then literally attached it to the back of the application.

I will be praying for favor for your family in the grandfathering in of your fees so that you do not have to pay the $670. I will also pray for favor in smooth processes from this point on!!!

If you have any other questions that you think I could help with, my email is loriandbryan@qwest.net. Feel free to get in touch!