Friday, February 18, 2011

Friday in Sophia

This morning I did a load of laundry, which is hanging in our kitchen. I don't think they have dryers, everyone hangs their laundry on their balcony's. We then went out exploring around our apartment. Rosi then called us to tell us to eat lunch and then she would pick us up to go to the notary to sign our intention to adopt Calvin. So we went sightseeing and ate lunch on the go. I finally called her at 1:30 because we never heard from her. She said she would pick us up in 2 min from our apartment. I told her we were by the Russian Church which is more like 20 min from our apartment, thinking she would pick us up from there. Well she said that was too far so she would meet us at our apartment by 2:30pm. We power walked back to our apartment and then she met us at our apartment at 2:15. The notary is just across the road from our apartment. We signed the paperwork for the ministry of justice, and now she is off to do paperwork there. We are so tired from walking, I am not sure if we are going to go out again to buy souvenirs. Maybe trip 2 we can do that now that we know where it is. They are celebrating March 1 Baba m day. So there are alot of the red and white thread bracelets. We bought one for each of our girls, we can't go back empty handed they would be disappointed. Wondering what we will do for dinner tonight? Chris wants to get pizza every night, I am starting to get sick of pizza. Last night I had chicken and grilled vegetables, he had pizza.

7 comments:

Viviane said...

Wonder if Chris would try banitsa? It's a very traditional Bulgarian dish, phyllo dough filled with cheese. Almost pizza ;).

Viviane said...

Oh and congratulations on committing to your son! When you get home and recuperated, write me an email and tell me all about him, please.

Aaron and Jennifer Santor said...

One of those restaurants I told you about is close by, but by the time you get this it will be too late. Maybe your next trip. If you walked to Nevski, you definitely could walk to the restaurant. We really miss walking all over that city!!! Our apartment was on the outskirts of the city, on the other side of Yuzhen park, so we really walked quite far!!!! We pray for safe travels home and a quick time in between trips to bring your son home!!!

Sarah said...

LOL!!! Tim ate LOTS of pizza in Russia!!!

I loved trying all the different Russian food. But, I think our fav meal was actually at a beautiful Korean restaurant we found there!

Enjoy your last moments... praying for a safe trip home and a quick return to get your son!

Lori Schumaker said...

I remember how exhausted we were by the end of the week. It was the emotional rollercoaster, lack of sleep, and all the WALKING! It was so pretty that we wanted to see everything and so we walked and walked until I had blisters! I hope your travels home are smooth and that you can get some sleep on the airplane!

growing our love... said...

Safe travels home! Our wash machine was also a dryer. Super space saver. How did Calvin do when you left?

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris and Celeste,
What an adventure and a life changing trip! It is so sweet to hear that Calvin is warming up to you. Your family is so amazing to take on this challenge and open your hearts to this little guy. Have a safe trip home.
Julie Schweigel
Vancouver, Canada