Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tuesday Day 2 with Calvin

Sleep:
Calvin cries for about 5 minutes for naps and night time and wants me with him. He then turns over, and sucks his fingers. We have seen no rocking or other orphanage behaviors.
He slept from 9pm until 8 am this morning.
Food:
He eats solid foods that are cut up. He will eating anything. He had baby cereal with milk for breakfast and a crosissant. And asked for mine, but I said no. He loves juice, which I give to him in the morning with his asprin. He didn't know how to drink out of the sippy cup, I took the suction part out so he can drink it now with the lid on. For lunch he ate 1 piece of pizza, mango and pear puree and cheese and cucumbers from Chris' salad.
Behavior:
This morning we went out to run some errands for paperwork. He wanted to hold my hand, sit in my lap but he didn't want Chris today. He was also testing me, when I say no he would redo what he was doing to see what I would do. He through his toys across the room at the doctors, so we put them away etc. He did great at the doctor though, when we left he told the doctor he will come back again!
The only time he cried today is when we returned to our apartment after lunch, for nap. He says a word we don't understand (and neither does our translator). He said the same word yesterday at the mall while we were coloring and started bawling. GRIEF. I am wondering if it a person's name? I will post pictures tonight when he is in bed. I need to get him up from nap. Chris is sleeping as he isn't feeling well today, a bit achy. Hope it isn't flu! Thanks for your words of encouragment but most of all thank you for your prayers, we need them. I turned to Chris in the car today on the way to our appointment and said this is one of the most stressful situations i have been in. It is hard! Wish I could understand the language and Calvin when he talks. He talks no stop. Today he was also talking to strangers, saying hello and goodbye.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Chris and Celeste, thanks so much for sharing your journey with everyone. I have been praying for all 3 of you and I am so glad to hear things are going well. Looking forward to more updates and meeting him eventually, he sounds like a sweet boy.

Bethany