Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Dossier still in USA

I heard from TOL yesterday stating that I have to get a letter from the British Consulate stating that I am not violating any UK laws by adopting in the USA because I am a UK citizen. Can't believe it as I have been living in America for over 15 years. But I just never have gotten my citizenship here, because I have residency status and just have never gotten around to it.

So today I have sent a fax to the B.Consulate in Chicago asking them what I should do and if they can write a letter stating I am not violating any laws of the UK by adopting in the USA. Bulgaria also wants to make sure if I were to move back to the UK (never lived there, except for 5 months when Chris was doing a semester of law school there in 2000) that my adopted child would be granted residency in the UK as well.

Can't believe I have to go through this. Nothing is as easy as it looks. I will keep you posted on what happens next. I understand Bulgaria's concern but I would think a copy of my green card would be proof enough that I plan to continue to live here and have no plans to go to the UK.

Please keep us in your prayers that this would be resolved soon so we can get our paperwork to Bulgaria. My main concern is that our dossier paperwork will be expiring before we get a referral.

Prov 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will direct your path."

1Thes 5:18 "Give thanks in all circumstances for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hey Celeste. I just received this by email today:

***"Give us today our daily bread." Matthew 6:11

One secret of sweet and happy Christian life--is in
learning to LIVE BY THE DAY. It is the long stretches
which tire us. We say that "we cannot carry this load
until we are eighty--or that we cannot fight this battle
continually for half a century." But really, there are no
long stretches. Life does not come to us in lifetimes; it
comes only a day at a time. Even tomorrow is never
ours--until it becomes today; and we have nothing
whatever to do with it--but to pass down to it a fair
and good inheritance in today's work well done and
today's life well lived.***

It has put a little perspective in the 'waiting time' part of our adoption journey for me. Hoping it will help you in taking one day at a time as well. I will be praying your paperwork comes through quickly! Remember, God is weaving together your family in His perfect timing!

Sarah