Thursday, October 29, 2009

More Running Around

The running around is not adoption related, rather it is for volunteering at the hospital. I received my paperwork last Friday to fill out and a test. I completed it over the weekend. This week I had to get a tb test, blood drawn to see if I am immune to chickenpox and I had to get a flu shot. Easy right? Oh no. I had to wait 45 min to get the above done and then told that they were out of flu shots. So I called the hospital and had to go there today to get my flu shot. Tomorrow I have to go back to get my tb read. I still need to go to the NICU department for my tour and orientation before I can begin so hopefully can do that sometime next week. I will call tomorrow to set that up.

My kids still haven't received their flu shots because their doctor's office is out of them! I am seriously thinking about going down to the Health Dept to get them. Everyone around us is sick. Many schools closed last week and I am not putting my kids in the church programs until they have their shots. I am scared for Cathryn because she gets asthma when she has a cold and I have heard that with h1n1 people get respitory issues and then have to go to the hospital. NO thanks!

Halloween is around the corner, I will have to post pics of the girls, which reminds me I still need to make Caroline's costume. She wants to be a tootsie roll. Cathryn is going to be an angel. I love Halloween don't you? Especially the chocolate candy bars the kids bring home. My favorite holiday though is Christmas and Easter. The birth and resurrection of Christ! Have a safe weekend.

2 comments:

amie said...

Celeste,

Do you have any books on Bulgaria or adoption you have really liked? I have started the Toddler adoption book, weavers creaft and I actually feel overwhelemd with pscycological mumbo jumbo (not sure what else to call it). I'm starting to wonder if too much information is bad. I also really hope you get a referral soon!!!!
amie

Libby DeMoss said...

Celeste,

I've enjoyed reading you blog. Thanks for your comment on mine. Could you tell me more about TOL, both good and bad? I've just received info from them, but I'd like input from a real-life client. Hopefully, we will be ready to start sending papers to someone in the next couple of weeks. We were looking at CWA until I read your blog. Know anything about CWA and could compare?

Thanks,
Libby (ldemoss@comcast.net)